Solarcity Has Launched solarZero in Waiheke Island.

Waiheke takes new solar step to a renewable energy future Solarcity has launched its new solarZero service on the island of Waiheke much to delight of eco-minded residents who have been looking for ways to reduce fossil fuel consumption. solarZero, a first-of-its-kind-$0-down solar power initiative will allow Waiheke homeowners to buy solar power to support their daytime energy needs without having to pay for the solar panels. CEO and founder of Solarcity Andrew Booth said solarZero is designed to make it more affordable for Waiheke homeowners to generate their own clean energy. Homeowners pay a monthly fee for solar power that’s fixed while solarcity pays for the panels, installation, insurance and monitoring. “We know the cost of power has gone up by a staggering 153% over the last 20 years. The solarZero plan can deliver solar power to Waiheke families at a price cheaper than average New Zealand power rates. The savings could add up to thousands of dollars if traditional power bills go up, as they have in the past.” “Solar power is like normal power but off your roof. It’s good for the wallet and good for the environment. It’s also helping NZ to become powered 100% on renewable energy.” Waiheke Pātaka Kōrero, the Waiheke community library is the most recent building to proudly go solar with solarcity. The new 20.8kWp solar system is made up of 80 solar panels and is expected to reduce the library and the island’s carbon emissions by 92 tones, the equivalent of planting 2,840 urban trees. “We are the last generation that can stop climate change, and it’s great to see...

ANZ Issues $600M First Green Bonds.

ANZ Bank’s first green bond issuance and Australia’s largest, has been a resounding success according to the Clean Energy Finance Corporation – with the CEFC not needing to provide the $75 million it had committed to back the issuance. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd has closed an AUD $600 million green bond, the biggest certified so far under the Climate Bonds Standard. The Climate Bonds Initiative said that about 40% of the green bond funds will go to refinance green property, while the other 60% are for wind and solar energy loans in Australia, New Zealand and parts of Asia. Australian investors bought 92% of the 5-year bond, which has a semi-annual coupon of 3.25% and was rate AA-. The issuance was in fact oversubscribed at $725M. Oliver Yates, CEFC CEO, said the high quality bonds would expand and diversify the investor base for clean energy. “Green bonds provide investors with a unique opportunity to invest in renewable energy and energy efficiency through a low-risk, high quality fixed-income product. At the same time, green bonds support long term investment in important low carbon infrastructure projects which can benefit the broader economy,” he said. He also stated that investors were increasingly seeking additional benefits, such as an environmental or social return. According to the Climate Bonds Initiative, green bonds are increasingly being issued globally by a range of governments and multinational banks and corporations in response to investor demand for opportunities targeting clean technology and renewable energy. The market has grown from US$11 billion in 2013 to an expected US$100 billion in new bonds to be issued in...